Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back to the ped tomorrow :(

Finnian is looking jaundiced. His skin has a yellow cast to it, and the whites of his eyes are yellow. He's a month old today, so this is not normal newborn jaundice. I made an appt. with the ped for noon tomorrow, and I'm trying very hard not to panic in the meantime. All I can think is the worst . . . liver failure . . . liver transplant. Crazy, huh? I am such a nervous wreck over every little hangnail he gets. I am so scared that he's going to end up in the hospital again. I want so much to just be able to relax about him and trust that he's okay.

6 comments:

Carla said...

Hugs, Lisa. I'm sure that if the Ped thought it was something more serious than just regular old jaundice he wouldn't have waited to see him until tomorrow. I am sorry you have stepped up to yet another hurdle.

Melony said...

Oh Lisa..I hope he is alright!

Mary said...

Oh man. I hope it's nothing serious. I will be anxious to hear.
I will be thinking of your guys tomorrow.

T-rex said...

Good idea taking him in, you're such an attentive mommy!

In the meantime just help him break down the bilirubin as well as you can at home - LOTS of breastmilk and any sunlight you can give him will help at delay the levels rising.

I hope it's nothing and I'm praying for his health!

huggodsmile said...

((HUGS)) Lisa. I know it's easy to jump to the worst case scenario with what you've been through. Keep him in natural sunlight as much as possible, like next to a window with only his diaper on. I'm sure you know all this, not be a FTM. ((HUGS)) Sending my love and prayers. Rach

Carla said...

Thinking of you and wondering how the Ped appt. went.