Thursday, December 4, 2008

Physical therapy today

PT was a bust today. Bummer, too, because it was the first session Finn's had in about a month (his therapist went to Cambodia for a couple weeks, and then last week I had to cancel because I was sick). There was the scene with Annabelle, and Finn just wasn't into it today - just very crabby the entire time. It could have been any number of things: maybe he was cranky because he didn't get a full nap in this morning, as I had to wake him for therapy; maybe he was hungry, as I didn't have a chance to nurse him between the time I woke him and the therapist got here; maybe it was all new to him because it's been a while (although I think that's a stretch - it's not like he has any concept of time. For all he knows, he just had PT last week.). Who knows.

We've changed our contract to do weekly PT now instead of twice monthly, so we'll see how it goes next week. It's a little hard trying to schedule his therapy sessions. Trying to work around his nap schedule and my other kids' school schedules, plus the therapist's schedule . . . sheesh.

On the upside, Moon the Magical Fairy mentioned that she likes to buy a couple of nice Christmas ornaments from Pottery Barn every year, so now I know what to get her for a holiday gift: a PB gift card :)

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Eh, that stinks about the session being a bust. We've had lots of those! I am finding if pretty frustrating some days trying to figure out the napping and feeding thing around the OT's schedule. BUT, that may also be bc Dylan is the most random baby in the world. I can't figure that kid out!

Karly said...

We had days like that with therapy too...especially when they are so young it's just hard to figure out what is going to work best with naps/eating/mood, etc.

Tricia said...

Uh...does that mean I have to buy all G's therapists gifts too??? You are very generous! :)

(I do give them cards though.)

Crittle said...

Gifts? Cards? Crap!

I don't like the therapists, so I will gift them with time off from my disdain.

Wait, there is one I do like. Hmmm, what to do nice for her?

And the respite worker?

Oh, and we've had plenty of those "meh" PT days, especially at Finn's age.