Friday, May 15, 2009

Finn

I thought I'd throw out here that Finn is still sick. Even after that 5-day course of Omnicef (which never did do anything to his poop, thank goodness!). I don't know, I guess I assume it got rid of his ear infection, but he's still got a nasty cough, and he still has green snot running out of his nose. No fever, though. I guess I have to conclude that whatever this is, it's viral. I'm so tired of having a sick baby, but I'm sure he's more tired of being sick.

Also, it looks like he's giving up his morning naps. He falls asleep in the truck on the drive from Kevin's school to Joey's school and then home every morning, which is about 20 minutes, but that's it. He won't go down for a real nap when we get home anymore. Actually even his afternoon naps have been spotty lately. And of course, he's still not sleeping well at night.

Do I sound like I'm complaining?

6 comments:

*K* said...

Actually no, you don't sound like you're complaining, but if you were, so what? You're a busy mom!

My son is 6 months old and has had that nasty chest/sinus stuff too- for the past 2 1/2 weeks. We gave him an antibiotic and decongestant, and while his cough is better, his nose still reminds me of a faucet on St. Patrick's Day. It doesn't matter how often I suction it, he has an unlimited supply of Baby Snot.

What has helped (other than the saline drops) is our humidifier- we put the Vicks menthol extract in it, so it comes out with the steam, and Connor seems to have responded well (and it's always worked wonders for Kenlee [my daughter] too). Good luch- hope you guys find an answer soon!

Karly said...

I feel for you both. I can't even imagine.

And Lucas is done with the morning nap too. If he didn't take an afternoon nap (most of the time) and sleep well at night, I would be a basket case...even without more than one other kid to take care of.

You are doing awesome. And I hope there is some resolution for you guys soon.

Tricia said...

I SO hear your/Finn's pain about being perpetually sick. I don't know what CA is like, but could it be allergies?????

Lis said...

Tanner has to do 10-21 day rounds of antibiotics to get rid of "the crud".

Carla said...

Poor Finn. I'm sure you're both pretty miserable by this point. Tess has a nasty cold right now, and has not been sleeping well either. She wakes up several times a night and doesn't nap AT ALL.

Maybe it's just the not feeling well that is messing up their sleep. Hopefully, once he eventually gets better, his sleep will improve.

Laurie said...

I really hope that he feels better soon. Sheesh, you have got to be absolutely exhausted!! I'd be "complaining" as well!

Hang in there, my friend...