Saturday, October 24, 2009

Today, Finn showed me . . .


. . . that he can stand and bear just about all his own weight on his legs if he wants to. He pulled to standing in my lap and I held him, more for balance than support. Honestly, I was very surprised because he's been so disinterested and resistant to standing over the last several weeks, and I've been feeling pretty discouraged about it.

It's funny how the little things can feel like such big things. Seeing him pull to standing and then hold that position in my lap with a big grin on his face felt like a small, sweet victory. And it makes me wonder what goes on in that little noggin of his. I suspect he's got lots of tricks up his sleeve that he'll dole out when he's good and ready - usually when I'm at my most discouraged and worried. It's like he wanted to tell me today, "Aww, ma, stop your worrying. I'll get there."

3 comments:

Crittle said...

Exactly!

A Lady Called Amy said...

Yayy Finn!

Mel said...

Yay Finn. He can probably drive already, but doesn't want to do you out of a job!