Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Not So Wordless Wednesday After All

Looks like we've suddenly got a new Service Coordinator. I was informed by letter from our new SC today. What happened to Amber, who has been our SC since Finn was a newborn? I can't help but feel like I've been dumped. I know there are lots of different possible reasons for the switch (and, in fact, upon receiving the letter today I did call our new SC to introduce myself and to schedule our IFSP which is due next month, and she gave me some vague explanation for the switch that sometimes cases are just re-shuffled among Service Coordinators), but I can't help but feel like the switch was made at least partly for personal reasons. I think I might be somewhat of a pain-in-the-ass parent because I don't always just go with the flow, and things had definitely become a little adversarial between me and Amber. Whatever the reason that we've been given a new SC, it bothers me that after two years, there was no word from Amber directly - no warning that there was going to be a change, no message from her explaining or wishing us well. I guess I just expect too much of people.

Anyway, the new SC sounded nice enough on the phone. We'll see how it goes I guess.

1 comment:

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. I think in Sarah's first three years we had seven and since she turned 18 and was once again provided a SC we have already had four. It just to go that way. Never worry abour being a pain-in-the-arse. You were given a free pass when Finn was born:) btw - the recent pictures are just too adorable. I did not think it would be possible for him to get any cuter and he does every time you post his picture.