Saturday, January 17, 2009

they're everywhere

I was getting my nails done today and, yup, there was a woman there getting a manicure and she had Ds. What I was most intrigued by this time was watching how the nail techs were to her. And it was cool. They're a nice bunch anyway (I'm a regular there), but I could see that they were going out of their way - just a little, without going overboard - to be nice to this young woman and make her feel comfortable. But mostly they just treated her like a normal person. It made me feel good inside.

I guess it will be silly for me to post on my blog every single time I encounter a person with Ds, but it just seems like my radar is on high alert right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true- everywhere and it's so cool! I think you do develop "eyes" though as a mom.

Jeanette said...

It is amazing how our eyes open up and see things that we would have glossed over before. Isn't that a blessing? It's like 3D glasses. Things just look benign and then when you put on the glasses, something special pops out of the background.