Friday, July 3, 2009

That much sweeter

It's a trip: Finnian's crawling has progressed to the point that he is navigating his way from room to room, all over the house. Just now, he came looking for me, crawling all the way from the living room into the kitchen - which, if you were familiar with our house, you would know is quite an impressive distance for a baby who has not been crawling for all that long. I feel amazed and in awe of him. And it's funny, because when I stop and think about it, it almost (but not quite) seems silly. I mean, all of my other babies were doing this very thing long before the age Finn is now. And of course when they did it, and when they mastered each new skill and achieved each new milestone, I applauded them and celebrated . . . but it was different. It's that much sweeter with Finn because he has to work a little harder to get there. I feel so proud of him. And by the look on his face, he seems pretty proud of himself, too.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Way to go Finnian! The sweet joy of freedom!

Ria said...

Yay Finn!!!

sheree said...

that is so exciting! I think the first time Gabby sat up on her own, I was smiling from ear to ear ALL day long! You learn to never take those milestones for granted and it makes achieving them all the more exciting and special!

Anonymous said...

Go Finn!

The Sanchez Family said...

I love the crawling victories! They are the SWEETEST!

Wendy P said...

Go Finn!!! It is sweeter. And you get to appreciate each little piece of a milestone, too.